Monday 21 January 2013

crop challenge

We have decided at our crop to set each other a challenge. Each month we are going to take it in turns to try and push each other out of our comfort zones. I started this month with a layout from the Kaiser workshop booklet. (Hope its ok to show the original- I'm sure I'll be reprimanded if it isn't!)


I included instructions with measurements so that we could follow the layout exactly but in true Blue Peter style I had prepared 2 layouts that used the original for inspiration but were very different.
This one just has the elements reversed.


This second one uses a smaller photo and has the elements reversed to.

The one I did on the day is also slightly different but does follow the sketch  more closely.

Do hope the others enjoyed doing it and liked the papers even if it wasn't something they would choose to do themselves.

5 comments:

  1. Great idea :) Good to help with dwindling mojos. Love the LOs especially the last one. Beautiful & vivid colours and a lovely photo. Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three brilliant pages Karen and a great challenge idea! Love the colours,papers and photo in the last one especially. Which crop to you go to now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoroughly enjoyed taking part in this challenge. Love the sample LOs you did and especially love the photo that you have used in the bottom LO - perfect for the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What day are you going Karen - I'll look out for you! We are visiting on the Friday x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all lovely, and I am sorry that I missed it :(. I especially like your second one - I'm a hopeless addict of woodgrain ... Perhaps I can take part electronically and in absentia?

    ReplyDelete